The perfect snack, bliss balls come in a lot of different flavours, but they all have one thing in common. They’re delicious, healthier than a chocolate bar and once you get the idea of how to make them, then you can experiment to your heart’s desire, exploring the flavours and textures that suit you.
These aren’t made with any protein powders or other additives, but you could do that if you want to put them together as the perfect workout pick-me-up.
Oh, and just one important note – you can tweak these beautiful bliss balls to suit your own tastes.
Here’s just a few ideas:
- swap the almonds for cashews or hazelnuts
- roll the balls in finely chopped nuts instead of coconut
- mix half / half dates and dried apricots or other dried fruit of your choice
- use almond butter instead of tahini
- replace the honey with maple syrup or other vegan friendly sweetener.
The beauty of a recipe like this is it can be adjusted to suit you own tastes or ingredients swapped out if you have any allergies or food intolerances.