These burgers are incredibly easy and absolutely full to the brim with fresh flavours.
Just by using a little imagination they can be varied to suit the occasion. Here are some examples:
- Add more chilli or leave it out altogether
- If you don’t like coriander, just leave it out
- Substitute chicken with pork mince, but don’t be tempted to substitute thighs with breasts – you need the fat for moisture and flavour. It will melt and render out when cooked, leaving you with lean burgers.
- Instead of making burgers, roll into small balls and drop them into a light broth to cook. Add noodles and serve as chicken noodle soup.
- Serve on top of a fresh green salad, Asian-style slaw or stir-fried vegetables.
They are the perfect, easy recipe to make for lunch with friends as you can prepare them – and your salads – in advance, then just throw them on the barbecue to cook, pop onto a serving plate, then onto the table with the salads, rice, noodles or bread and let everyone serve themselves.
Perfect wine pairing:
The perfect choice of wine with this recipe is a crisp white, such as a pinot gris/grigio or a cheeky chilled rose.